Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Book publication coming up

I'm looking forward to getting my thesis published. The book's title will be:

Pain and Suffering: Academic Debates at the University of Paris, c.1230 - c.1300

I'm reaching the final stages now; still waiting for proofs and then there's the index to do. I've just had to submit a description for the back jacket cover. I asked Brendan to give it the once over and not only did he make a couple of good comments, but he produced his own alternative version, which is absolutely brilliant! Here it is:

Ouch! That really hurt! Oh yeah? Well imagine it’s 1250 and Boots doesn’t open for another 650 years: what’s your plan B for wellness? That’s the question Don Mowbray asks in this roller-coaster ride through medieval pain and suffering. Yes, it’s ‘put your head between your legs and kiss your soul goodbye’ time down on the left-bank, and only Thomas Aquinas knows where the key to the spiritual medicine chest is kept. The future’s bright!?!: the future’s a red-hot bloody boiling furnace for most of us, mate, says Bonaventure, so why not get a bit of light reading in first with this little side-splitter?!!

About the Author

Don Mowbray used to wear an ear-ring and get arsey with people in pubs who didn’t close the door. He can speak in tongues and has held down a job which nobody can understand for several years. He always buys his round.


No comments: